| || |
Top 10 signs I'm ready for winter to be over
January 28, 2013 - Jennifer Brookens
These icy roads and heavy gray fog are not endearing me to January. In fact, despite my earlier intentions to remain positive about the months of January and February, I am now just wanting to fast-forward to mid-April.
Here are just a few signs to show I've had enough of winter:
10) I broke into a musical chorus from Fiddler on the Roof, remade into, "Mess-maker, Mess-maker, making a mess," as I tried to pick up after the latest craft projects and toy box spelunking efforts by the children.
9) Facebook and Pinterest have become like my refrigerator: I know there's nothing new on there, but I keep going back and checking every 10 minutes.
8) My "going on week 3" cold bug has built up an immunity to every cough drop, cold syrup and herbal tea on the market.
7) I'm only willing to do laundry because of the promise of warm clothes or blankets right out of the dryer.
6) It takes an act of Congress or threat of the house collapsing to get me out of my blanket-nest on any given evening or weekend.
5) Willing to bake because it warms up the kitchen, and offers the chance to load up on comfort foods.
4) Been looking forward to Friday nights just for my favorite TV show marathons.
3) I want to dive into those beach scenes and flower field photos on my screen saver.
2) The McDonald's play room has become the equivalent to a trip to Disneyland.
and the Number One sign I'm ready for winter to be over...
1) I want to learn to walk again instead of waddling like a penguin!
Post a Comment
News, Blogs & Events Web
anyone else have enough?